Saturday, September 17, 2011

somewhere over the rainbow....

Good day all....

Last night I was attending a charity night held by Yayasan Perkasih, an organisation set up to financially support Bhakti Luhur Orphanage.
The orphanage was founded by Father Janssen in 1960. They take care of both mentally & physically disabled children & old aged. They have about 144 orphanages around Indonesia. 
During the event, there was this moment when three girls singing some songs. They are all have their disability to see. They sang 3 songs... and the second song was Somewhere Over the Rainbow... When I heard them singing the song I cried in tears... They really touched my heart... Yes they have their limitation to see the beauty in life... but they have their beautiful voices for us to hear....
Last night was really a beautiful moment for me... for  I could contribute something useful for the orphanage...  

A night before the event... I just made a card for Simon Says Stamp Challenge... It's a theme card we have to make inspired by songs or movies....
I chose to make a card inspired by a song.... Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland

I made the card using some images & sentiments from Magnolia Stamps colored with Distress Inks, decorated with Prima Pixie Glen Papers, Flowers & Pearls, Candy Rock Stickles, Martha Steward punches, ribbons...










... and last thing....
here is the card made by my daughter few days ago... and it just happen to have the same theme...




"somewhere over the rainbow
way up high
there's a land that I heard of 
once in a lullaby

somewhere over the rainbow
skies are blue
and the dreams that you dare to dream
really do come true

someday I wish upon the stars
and wake up where the clouds are far
behind me
where troubles melt like lemon drops
away above the chimney tops
that's where you'll find me

somewhere over the rainbow
blue birds fly
birds fly over the rainbow 
why then, oh why can't I?

if happy little blue birds fly
beyond the rainbow
why oh why can't I?"



2 comments:

  1. it's so lovely Shien .. both the card and the song too ..
    love your sweet card.
    Love,
    Yulis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards, they are so sweet, your song choice was just perfect. I love how you have Tilda sitting on the tulle and pearls. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete